Thursday, February 14, 2013

4 household tips to help you stay organized!

I'm going to share 4 tips to help you keep your house more organized! These tips, as simple as they are, can save you some major headaches!

1. Socks
 

I can't be the ONLY one who has a laundry basket overflowing with socks! I mean well, thinking I'll get to sorting them soon. Before too long, the pile is RIDIC and then I'm just overwhelmed and say forget it lol
So what you do is get each person their own laundry mesh bag. Write their name on it and have them fill it with their socks (can even do undies too) Then when it's time to do laundry, simply pop the bag in the wash! Once washed and dried you can just give the bag back to the person to have them put their own socks up or if it's for the littles, you can fold them. EASY PEASY! Exciting stuff isn't it?!

2. Hanging clothes

I have 3 girls, so clothes are handed down and used again. The closet can quickly become a mixture of all kinds of clothing sizes. Not so fun to dig through when you are in a hurry to get them dressed! So what I have done is created closet labels like you see above. Mine are not that pretty and fancy, but it works. I used cardstock paper and wrote sizes on it. Now I can easily find clothes for the right kid! Then as the youngest outgrows items, I'll just take those clothes out.
**side note- as my girls outgrow items, I am storing those clothes I just can't part with in a plastic container to be used to make quilts for them later**
I also have their drawers labeled. Ex~ 3T pants, 4T pjs, etc so I can keep those straight as well. PLUS when I'm out of town or sick, someone else can easily put the clothes away in the proper spot!

3. Cluttered closets


Ok, we all have clothes sitting in closets that just sit there and are never worn. Well I for one just got tired of seeing them and having them take up my space! If you are ready to clear the clutter, here is what you do! Hang EVERYTHING like you see pictured above. As you wear an item and put it back, hang it the correct way. After a season, see what was not turned around. Those are things you don't wear and you just gotta get rid of it! You'll feel SO much better. Give it away, sell it, or donate it. Just get it out of your house!

4. Organizing bedding

This is a great way to store your matching sheets and pillow cases! Simply put the folded sheets and cases inside one of the pillow cases. Easy to locate a set when it's time to put on fresh bedding AND it looks pretty this way too :)


Hopefully these tips help you around the house. As a sahm or a wahm (or dads too) we have a lot going on so anything that will save us time is just freeing up more time we can spend with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment